With its perfect moist texture, butter and honey flavor and chunks of banana, chocolate and nuts, this is our best banana bread recipe ever!
When we have ripe leftover bananas, the first thing that comes to my mind is banana bread. Instantly I feel the need to bake. Ripe bananas are the best sweetener for banana bread. In this recipe there is no sugar added, only honey and a bit of vanilla.
What makes this recipe a winner?
Normally I wouldn’t call our recipes ‘best ever’, it’s quite a statement. But when it comes to banana bread I dare to say this is our best recipe ever. We have made tons of banana breads cause it’s fun and easy to experiment with. There’s recipes with oats instead of flour, with sesame and chia seeds, with sugar or without, with butter or coconut oil. We tried them all, and many succeeded, but this one is just right.
Most important is to use only ripe bananas because these are the sweetest and will give lots of flavor. Instead of oats this recipe is made with all-purpose-flour, real butter, big chunks of pure chocolate, chopped pecans and walnuts and lots of honey.
The best thing about banana bread is that it’s super easy to make, no need to use kitchen equipment. Ripe bananas are soft and can easily be mashed with a fork. This way there will also be a few chunks of banana that will give a more interesting texture.
How to freeze your banana bread
When you freeze your banana bread you’ll be able to preserve the flavors and freshness as long as you wish. We usually cut it in half and enjoy the other half whenever we want. Important is to cool the banana bread completely before you freeze it. Tightly wrap your banana bread in 2-3 layers of plastic foil or aluminium. You can keep it in the freezer for 3-4 months. If you cut it in slices they thaw easily and you can eat one slice every day!
So what are you waiting for? Try out this banana bread recipe and let me know if you agree with me!
Best Banana Bread Recipe Ever
- 125 grams butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml milk
- 250 grams flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- chopped bits of dark chocolate and nuts
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven for 200 ˚C. Line a cake tin with parchment paper or grease well with butter.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Let it cool down for a bit before you mix the melted butter with the honey. Beat it well with a hand mixer. Add the eggs one by one while beating.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix well. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix again until well combined.
- Mash three banana's with a fork and keep one aside. Add the mashed banana to the batter and mix well. Add chopped chocolate and nuts, choose whatever you like.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin. Cut the last banana through the lengt and add on top of the batter. Let it bake in the oven for about 50-60 minutes. It's ready when a knife comes out dry.
- To make a shiny top you can heat up a bit of honey with a bit of water to make a syrup. Brush the top of the banana bread with it and it will look beautiful!