If you’ re looking for a classic smooth New York Cheesecake recipe, no need to look further. This recipe is always a succes and extra yummy with white chocolate added to the creamy batter. If you’re a beginner, than this is the perfect recipe to start with!
There are many variations of cheesecake but to my opinion nothing beats the classic one. It’s simply the best with its creamy, dense and silky batter on top of the amazing cookie crust. This cheesecake is made with Philadelphia cream cheese and digestive cookies that are perfect for crumbling. The vanilla bean and white chocolate give the cheesecake a rich taste. What I love about classic cheesecake is that you can add anything you want to it, like fresh fruits, caramel sauce, blueberry sauce or whipped cream.
New York White Chocolate Cheesecake
- KitchenAid RRK150WH 5 Qt
- cake mold 24 cm
- 200 grams digestive cookies
- 100 grams/ ¼ cup + 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp flour
- 100 grams/ ½ cup granulated sugar
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 600 grams/ 2 ⅔ cup cream cheese philadelphia cheese
- 3 eggs
- 125 grams/ ½ cup crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven for 120°C. Grease the springform pan with butter around the sides so the cake won't stick to the pan and fix a sheet of baking paper on the bottom.
- Start with making the cheesecake crust by putting the cookies in a kitchen aid that cuts them in crumbled small pieces. If you feel like smashing, to let out some tensions, you could also put cookies in a towel close it and smash on it with a rolling pin. This way you might have some bigger chunks which will give the crust a more crunchy bite. Put the crumbled cookies in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the melted butter to the crumbled cookies. Mix till well combined. Add the mixture to the cake pan en push it down with the back of a spoon. Make sure the cookie mixture is covering the whole bottom and concentrated. Put the cake pan with the crust in the fridge.
- Melt the white chocolate au bain-marie (in a glass bowl above a pan with boiling water). Meanwhile cut the vanilla bean through the length and scrape out all of the seeds. Mix the vanilla seeds with the cream cheese, flour, sugar, melted white chocolate, eggs and crème fraîche with the kitchen aid until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the crust. Bake for about 1 1/2 our in the middle of the oven. The cheesecake is ready once the outside is firm and the centre isn't fully. Let it cool down in the oven until room-temperature. Keep the cheesecake in the fridge for 4 hours before serving.