This classic French style green beans is the perfect side dish for meat, fish and birds on the table. Preparing your haricots verts sautéed with garlic and parsley, will make them taste super crispy and melt on the tongue. It’s healthy and super natural, only flavored with fresh persil, garlic and sautéed in olive oil.
On my grandmothers table the haricots verts were always prepared this way and when I am coming home to visit my parents, I know what will be awaiting me along with roasted chicken from the oven. It’s one of those favorite home cooked meals only your mom knows best how to prepare!
Here you go, this is one of the most easiest side dishes to prepare but always a joy to eat!
Haricots Verts à l’ail et au Persil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 800 grams haricots verts Fresh or frozen, peeled and chopped.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- pepper and salt
- Cook peeled and chopped beans in a large pot of boiling salted water uncovered, until crisp-tender (about 10-12 minutes) then drain.
- Meanwhile chop the garlic and parsley finely.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet and bring to a heat. Add the finely chopped garlic and parsley and let it heat up while stirring for about 2 minutes. Add the beans to the garlic and parsley sauce and mix it up well to spread all the good flavors.