Jump to Recipe
Before raw kale salad became a trend in the healthy food scene, I only knew kale prepared as ‘boerenkool’, the most Dutch signature dish there is. I was never familiar with eating kale in my salads instead of salad. I started to experiment with this bitter crusty green edible plant. When I found his purple brother on the market, I was hooked. Beautiful food might not always mean it taste good but when it comes to kale you just need to add the best matching ingredients. To soften the bitterness of kale I combined it with the sweet and warm taste of pumpkin, pistachios, some salty feta cheese and finishing with a lemon honey dressing. It’s an easy to prepare lunch, it’s fulfilling and feeds you with all the nutritions you need to get through the day. Kale is one of the most healthy edible plants. It is rich in all kinds of minerals and vitamins, but especially vitamin C and K, potassium, fibers, calcium and magnesium. So if you’re looking for a healthy lunch, this is your way to go!
Kale Pumkin Salad
- 100 grams kale
- 100 grams pumpkin
- 50 grams feta cheese
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Cut the pumpkin in cubes of 1 cm and add them to a pan with water. Bring it to a boil. Check with a fork if the pumpkin is cooked well. It should be soft, but not too much.
- Cut the raw kale in strips and add to a bowl. Mix it up with the pumpkin.
- Cut small pieces of feta cheese and add to the salad.
- Peel some pistachios and cut them in half, sprinkle the salad with it and mix it all well together until you have a colorful salad.
- Start mixing the vinegar with the mustard. Add the honey mix it well and then add the olive oil and finish with the lemon by taste.