These salmon burgers are perfect if you’re looking for healthy comfort food. It’s made with ingredients that are good for the body and soul.
Salmon burgers packed with powerful nutrients
If you’re after something a bit lighter than a heavy meat burger, or you’re a pescatarian, try this simple recipe for healthy but super delicious salmon burgers. The ingredients are only good stuff: spinach, salmon, and white beans. White beans are a nutritional powerhouse. They’re rich in fiber, protein, and vitamin B6 and a good source of numerous micronutrients, like copper, folate, iron, and magnesium. Copper and iron are important sources for our body to produce energy. All the ingredients in these salmon burgers are packed with all the powerful minerals. So if you feel like you could use some energy, this is your lunch or dinner to go!
Feel free to experiment
I advise you to play a bit with the doses. If you want to taste more salmon then use less spinach. The burgers will look a bit more lighter (less green) and taste more like fish. But if you want less of a fishy taste, just add a bit more spinach. The mustard is essential to give the burgers a stronger flavor. I love mustard and I used a lot in this recipe, but if you’re less of a fan, use a bit less. It’s all up to your own taste. To finish it I would use some fresh dill, cause dill, mustard, and salmon just make a good match.
Saving the best for last is this pesto, not pesto. In this variation of pesto, I used feta, spinach, and capers, cause capers just go very well with salmon. Capers bring a briny, salty flavor to the fish!
Salmon Burgers with Spinach Pesto
- Philips HR7629 Food Processor
- 300 gram fresh salmon
- 200 gram spinach
- 175 gram white beans
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 90 gram feta cheese
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 avocado
- 4 multigrain buns
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- seasalt and pepper
- squeeze of lemon
- fresh dill Not a must
- Take off the skin of the salmon and cut in small cubes.
- Drain the beans and add them to the foodprocessor or a bowl ( and use a handmixer). Add the salmon and 100 grams of spinach. Mix it all up but not too much, it's good to have some chunks of salmon in the burger. If you have dill, it's a good flavor to add to this recipe. Cut it finely and and add it to the mixture
- Meanwhile start making the pesto by adding the capers, cheese,1 tbsp of olive oil and pepper and sea salt by taste.
- Mix it all up and add a squeeze of lemon if you wish. Taste and add flavors you like most. Some like it more sour, others more salty. Just add more of the ingredients you want to taste most.
- Cut the avocado in small cubes. Make 4 balls of the fish spinach mixture. Give them a little push with your hands to make them more flat, like burgers usually are.
- Use a wide skillet and bring 1 tbsp of olive oil to a heat. Add the burgers and bake them until light brown on each side for about a total time of 10 minutes.
- Cut the buns open and spread the pesto on each side of the buns. Add one burger to each bun and covers with more pesto, avocado and some leftover spinach. Serve with sweet potato chips! Enjoy!
This section contains affiliate links to products we love and used for making his recipe