These sweet potato & chickpea burgers are vegan, protein rich, topped with a home made yogurt dill sauce and served with a fresh raw courgette salad.Jump to Recipe
Make it yourself easy this week and prep some easy meals like these delicious vegan burgers. Besides being healthy, gluten-free, vegan and super easy to prepare, you can freeze them and enjoy the rest of the week. They taste amazing in a bun, but also aside a simple salad. We served them with raw courgette salad which is the easiest thing to prepare.
How to prepare these vegan burgers?
First peel the sweet potatoes and grate them. Either use a food processor or by hand with a grater. Rinse the chickpeas with water. Add to the food processor and pulse until it becomes a smooth paste. Add the chopped chives, dill, pepper, salt, a squeeze of lemon. Pulse one more time. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and add the grated sweet potato. Mix well and create burgers with your hands. Leave them in the fridge for about 20 minutes to become more firm.
The first baking part will be done in the oven, the second part in the pan. To create a crispy bite, fry them for a few minutes in the pan with vegetable oil or coconut oil.
How to prepare home made yoghurt & dill sauce
There is no burger without sauce. To keep it healthy we have an amazing easy sauce for you. All you need is yoghurt, dill (or any other greens like chives, parsley or coriander), pepper, salt and a squeeze of a quarter lemon. Mix it all together and taste. Add more pepper and salt if you like. For who loves garlic, add 1 pressed garlic or garlic powder , if you prefer to keep it fresh including your breath leave it out.
Serve in a bun or with a green salad. We made a raw courgette salad which basically contains raw thinly sliced courgette, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, white wine vinegar, pepper and salt.
Sweet Potato & Chickpea Burger
- Philips HR7629 Food Processor
- 2 cans chickpeas 425 gram each
- 2 sweet potatoes large
- fresh chives
- fresh dill
- pepper & salt
- vegetable oil
For the home made yoghurt & dill sauce
- 120 ml yoghurt
- fresh dill
- ¼-½ squeezed lemon
- pepper & salt
- Peel the sweet potatoes and grate them. Either use a food processor or by hand with a grater. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and add the grated sweet potato.
- Empty 2 cans of chickpeas (2x 425 grams) and rinse them with water. Add to the food processor and pulse until it becomes a smooth paste. Add the chopped chives, dill, pepper, salt, and a squeeze of lemon. Pulse one more time.
- Mix well and create burgers with your hands. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the burgers on it and leave them in the fridge for about 20 minutes to get more firm. If it doesn't fit in the fridge place them on a smaller plate on parchment paper so you can add this easily to the baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C. Bake the burgers in about 40 minutes. Check halfway the time how it's going.
- Meanwhile you can prepare your side dish like a salad.
The yoghurt dill sauce
- Mix all the ingredients well together. If you wish you can add 1 pressed garlic or garlic powder. If you prefer to leave it fresh including your breath, leave it. It's not a must but can be nice!