This vegan cheesecake is 100% gluten-free, creamy, fresh and made with stress-free nutrients that make this a delicious but healthy dessert. No more guilty feelings when cutting an extra piece, your body won’t protest cause this cheesecake is made with ingredients that can actually benefit your health! Do you think it can get any better?Jump to Recipe
We love a good cheesecake but we also love to feel good and energized. Therefore we needed to create a vegan cheesecake made with natural and raw ingredients. It doesn’t mean we will never make a classic New York Cheesecake again. But to maintain a healthy balanced life it’s important to find ways to treat yourself with a dessert that fulfills your cravings but doesn’t do harm. We made this cheesecake a few times for friends and re-fined it for a retreat in Portugal where we made the best version and everyone was fighting for the last piece. Some even said this is the best cheesecake they had ever eaten and they could taste the love that was put into it. It certainly is the healthiest!
It doesn’t take too much time to prepare, it’s no-bake and only needs about 3 hours to firm in the freezer and fridge. There is just one special ingredient and this really is love. Make sure to prepare it with love, full attention, and the best ingredients and everyone will taste it.
How to use Agar Agar in cheesecakes
Agar Agar is plant-based gelatine made from seaweed. It is sold in flakes, strings, and powder form and can be used in recipes for thickening and firming. If you’re using Agar Agar for the first time our suggestion is to buy the powdered version because it’s the easiest way to measure and use. It depends on the size of your cheesecake and how much Agar Agar powder you need to use. This recipe is based on a small cheesecake made in a springform of 20 cm ø. In this size, you will only need 1 tsp of Agar Agar powder. Agar Agar powder dissolves best in a hot creamy substance. In step 5 of the recipe below the use of Agar Agar is described. It’s important to mix it with a creamy substance until completely dissolved. Nobody likes lumps of gelatine in their cheesecake. Once dissolved make sure to mix it quickly with the cheesecake filling and pour it on top of the crust in the shape desired, because the firming process starts quickly.
Right amounts for size cheesecake
This recipe is based on a cheesecake made in a springform of 20 cm ø. When using a 24 cm ø springform, multiply the amounts with 1,44. When using a 26 cm ø springform multiply the amounts with 1,69.
Stress Relieving Ingredients
The ingredients used in this recipe have proven stress relieving properties. First of all walnuts, almonds and cashews are high in B vitamins. These vitamins affect mental stability, mood, and the ability to cope with stress. Dark chocolate is rich in magnesium and research has found out that this may help brain functions and can reduce anxiety and stress. Some research says eating dark chocolate can change your brainwave frequency which benefits in memory improvement and lowers stress feelings.
The large amount of berries used in this vegan cheesecake provide the body of vitamin C and flavonoid antioxidants. This helps prevent cellular stress and provide neuroprotective effects. They may help reduce stress-related inflammation.
Therefore when feeling moody or out of balance and craving for cheesecake, choose this vegan cheesecake and feel better!
Tripple Berry Vegan Cheesecake (Gluten-Free)
- Philips HR7629 Food Processor
- Springform pan (20 cm) When using a 24 cm multiply the amounts with 1,44. When using a 26 cm multiply the amounts with 1,69.
For the crust
- ¾ cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup dates medjool
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chopped (80%)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tbsp water
For the filling
- 2 cups soaked raw cashew nuts preferebly soaked overnight
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut cream Use full fat and a good brand for the best results.
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- extra berries for garnish
- extra dark chocolate for garnish
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp Agar Agar powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Make sure to soak the cashew buts in a bowl with water. Best is to do this overnight but if there's isn't time 1-2 hours will do.
- Start making the crust by adding all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until a sticky paste forms. Add a tbsp of water if needed and pulse one more time.
- Line the spring form with parchment paper and add the crust on top. Press into the bottom and make sure it is spread evenly. Keep in the fridge while you start making the filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling rinse and drain the cashew nuts. Add them to the bowl of the food processor along with the coconut cream, berries, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Blend for a few minutes until it forms a smooth creamy texture and all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a small pot mix 1 tsp of Agar Agar with 1/4 cup of water and bring to a boil. Add the coconut cream and stir to combine. Add to the cheesecake mixture and pulse.
- Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the crust. Shake the springform gently with a hand on each side, to make the filling spread evenly. Put the cheesecake in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Depending on how firm it gets leave it longer in the freezer if it's not firm enough and take it just 30 minutes before serving from the freezer. and put it in the fridge.
- Before serving decorate the cheesecake with berries and shaved dark chocolate.