This vegan cheesecake is 100% gluten-free, creamy, fresh and made with stress-free nutrients that make this a delicious but healthy dessert. No more guilty feelings when cutting an extra piece, your body won’t protest cause this cheesecake is made with ingredients that can actually benefit your health! Do you think it can get any better?Jump to Recipe
We love a good cheesecake but we also love to feel good and energised. Therefore we needed to create a vegan cheesecake made with natural and raw ingredients. It doesn’t mean we will never make a classic New York Cheesecake again. But to maintain a healthy balanced life it’s important to find ways to treat yourself with a dessert that fulfils your cravings but doesn’t do harm. We made this cheesecake a few times for friends and on a cooking trip and has always been a success. Some even said this is the best cheesecake we ever made. It certainly is the healthiest!
It doesn’t take too much time to prepare, it’s no-bake and only needs about 3 hours to firm in the freezer and fridge. The best part is everyone will be blown away by the beauty of this cheesecake.
Stress Relieving Ingredients
The ingredients used in this recipe have proven stress relieving properties. First of all the walnuts, almonds and cashews are high in B vitamins. These vitamins affect mental stability, mood, and the ability to cope with stress. Dark chocolate is rich in magnesium and research has found out that this may help brain functions and can reduce anxiety and stress. Some research says eating dark chocolate can change your brainwave frequency which benefits in memory improvement and lowers stress feelings.
The large amount of berries used in this vegan cheesecake provide the body of vitamin C and flavonoid antioxidants. This helps prevent cellular stress and provide neuroprotective effects. They may help reduce stress-related inflammation.
Therefore when feeling moody or out of balance and craving for cheesecake, choose this vegan cheesecake and feel better!
Tripple Berry Vegan Cheesecake (Gluten-Free)
- Philips HR7629 Food Processor
- Springform pan (18 cm / 7 inch)
For the crust
- ¾ cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup dates medjool
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chopped (80%)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tbsp water
For the filling
- 2 cups soaked raw cashew nuts preferebly soaked overnight
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- extra berries for garnish
- extra dark chocolate for garnish
- optional chia seeds (vegan) or gelatine (not vegan) We didn't use it but if you prefer a more firm cheesecake this will work.
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- Make sure to soak the cashew buts in a bowl with water. Best is to do this overnight but if there's isn't time 1-2 hours will do.
- Start making the crust by adding all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until a sticky paste forms. Add a tbsp of water if needed and pulse one more time.
- Line the spring form with parchment paper and add the crust on top. Press into the bottom and make sure it is spread evenly. Keep in the fridge while you start making the filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling rinse and drain the cashew nuts. Add them to the bowl of the food processor along with the coconut cream, berries, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Blend for a few minutes until it forms a smooth creamy texture and all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- If you prefer a cheesecake that is less fluffy and more firm you could use gelatine or a vegan substitute. When using gelatine soak 5 leafs in water. Bring 1 tbsp of lemon juice to a boil and add the soaked & drained gelatines to the lemon juice and mix well together until fully incorporated. Add to the cheesecake mixture and pulse.
- Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the crust. Shake the spring form gently with a hand on each side, to make the filling spread evenly. Put the cheesecake in the freezer for 1 hour. After that you can leave it in the fridge.
- Before serving decorate the cheesecake with berries and shaved dark chocolate.