Sweet, juicy watermelon, tossed in a tangy lime juice dressing, topped with salty feta and fresh mint leaves. This refreshing salad is a big hit on hot summer days! Perfect for beach days, bbq’s, picnics or a summer party.
Summer is the salad season and this salad is everything about summer. If you haven’t tried to combine salt with watermelon, you will be amazed after your first bite of this salad. The sweetness of watermelon goes super well with the saltiness of soft crumbled feta. The cool flavor of mint adds another touch to the salad. To combine all those delicious flavors we use a tangy lime dressing that makes this salad even more refreshing!
How healthy is watermelon?
Watermelon is a delicious sweet and refreshing fruit. Because of its sweet taste some might think watermelon might not be as healthy as you think. But that’s not true. Watermelon does contain fructose (fruit sugar), but it contains 92% of water. Your blood sugar isn’t changing much after eating watermelon.. Especially on hot summer days eating watermelon is smart because it’s important to keep your body hydrated. If you are not meeting your daily need of water ( 1,5-2 liter water) eating fruits and vegetables that contain lots of water could benefit you. Besides water, watermelon contains more healthy nutrients. Per cup it contains only 46 calories but it’s high in vitamin C ( 20% of your daily need), vitamin A, antioxidants, potassium, magnesium and Vitamins B1, B5 and B6.
Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint
- 5 cups chilled watermelon cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 20 mint leaves chopped keep a few whole leaves for garnish
- pepper to season
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice and salt.
- Place the watermelon in a large bowl and toss with the dressing (just before serving).
- Crumble the feta cheese on top and add the chopped mint. Gently fold the feta and mint into the salad.
- Garnish with the leftover mint leaves and serve directly.